Renders of re-envision model










REFLECTION:

Most of my exterior designs came from Leonardo’s glass cube, although I continued to keep Gehry’s theme of Deconstructivism. His Architectural practice is more non-traditional and abstract. Originally I wanted to redesign the building that is clearly out of the ordinary but still incorporating Gehry’s theme and Ideas. I thought about materials used for the model as well as the shape and geometrical form of the building and how it will structured.

One f the main focus for my re-envision was its relocation. My initial thought of the buildings relocation was beside the harbour, over looking the city skyline, yet surrounded by nature and the ocean. The main ideas was the import my model into crisis, although there were problems importing my model that made it much more difficult, especially importing my vray materials into the game. Also, I thought much about the redesign of the building and thought about how it will be situated along the harbour side. I wanted the building seemingly floating on the water whilst glowing on the water banks.

The exterior design of my building was mainly inspired by the glass cube, I thought of applying the same concept but in a different way. I thought about the theme and the context of the building. As it was a seafood restaurant I wanted to apply a much more contemporary theme whilst having Gehry’s idea of Deconstuctivism. (DeCon Architecture). The white extruded lined over layering on the glass panels represented the ripples of the water as appose to the restaurant being seafood. I also thought about Gehry’s Fish dance restaurant in Kobe and related his upon this type of theme.








No comments:

Post a Comment